Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Loredas Event Bank
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orkar Isber
Hireling

re: [All - long-time] Chronicle: Thuum

Now this is a biiiiig one that will definitely occupy many sessions and has the possibility of creating a lot of minor RP stories in the process. i will try to keep it short but tell everything necessary. A lot is still undecided so voting matters ;)

Powerlevel: Medium-High maybe with some low level retainers for the journey - someone gotta clear paths from snow, take care of the logistics, cook, errect tents, collect firewood...

Group Size: As many as like to participate. More than 20 ppl may become a bit difficult place wise but its possible. it shouldnt be less than 5 though.

Players needed: Silvar Baan, Orkar Isber. Someone with diplomatic skills. Someone schooled in nord / dragon lore helps but aint a requirement. Some people for the traveling like a scout and a healer would be most fitting.

The chronicle will have certain stages so its possible to join later or drop out. Also some stages may be more fitting for certain characters - i dont know if a high power level character will make a journey to forels host, that may be more for medium - low level characters but learning about the whole thing likely will require a high level character at least and later dealing with the dragon priest may also require a high level character.

The chronicle however is open to just any character at any given stage if you feel like you could fit in.

Short description: Silvar Baans father fought the Nord invaders and wittnessed the power of their Thuum which led him to research the topic. After centuries of study he finally managed to discover a former dragon temple where an awake dragon priest may be. The pact now offers Dunmer to travel to Skyrim without having to fear being killed by Nords.

He prepared to set out but rivals and the Tribunal found out what he was up to and decided they want the power for themselves (rivals) or keep it out of reach of dunmer (House Indoril) He was assasinated by the Morag Tong working for rivals and his tower burned down. However he feared such would happen and left his instructions magically sealed in an amulet, that his daughter - Silvar - wears.

Phase 1: The beginning of an epic

includes finding out about the amulet, crack its code and retrieve the message, realising the insane ammount of power those secrets hold and the possible enemies. Nords, other Telvanni, other Houses, various organisations - the List of people who would not let the Thuum fall into Telvanni...mouths is long. This is more magical / political and requires more high ranking characters.

Phase 2: The preperation

is about finding out the exact location, how to get there, select a group, prepare for the travel...interaction between all powerlevels needed. 

Phase 3: the journey

I dont know how much you are into travel RP but the route offers a lot. Wild animals, undead, even an occupied keep along the difficulties of shitty roads, cold climate, snow storms, icy mountain passages where people may slip or be unable to carry cargo, snowslides, illness...and actually finding a path to the top of a mountain. Even asking locals about stories and myths in the region can be done and further researched.

Phase 4: The ancient hermit

Upon reaching the top of forels host the group will find a very atmospheric area. Constant frost damage can be avoided by standing near torches which are all over the place so cuddling may be needed or shouting (or party chat) The place is full of snow, ice, ancient stone tablets, rune stones, altars and more. Tents already errect (lets say the group did it)

The group has some time to look around and search the area to find all kinds of ancient texts in dragon runes (and language) some old artefacts etc.

Finally they may try to enter the ancient temple upon which they will encounter Orkar who is the guardian of Rahgot - a very corrupted evil dragon priest and one of the last of the cult after the dragon wars. The place is filled with corpses of people, men, women, children all former servants Rahgot whom Rahgot killed but thats for a more detailed guide.

Orkar is the actual awake dragon priest of Paarthurnax, tasked with guarding this most evil and very powerfull follower of Alduin.

The group has to first convince the guardian to not kill them, tell him about their intentions and somehow convince him to consider the plead which can be done in numerous ways.

Likely it will need a lot of effort combined like diplomacy and talking to doing tasks for the dragonpriest and of course prooving worthy through various trials. More than one group may be needed to achieve this if one fails.

Orkar is actually the second dragonborn in history (after Miraak. Reason is in short that only dragonborn can talk freely with endangering others with very few unconfirmed exceptions) meaning he is incredibly powerfull and ancient (merethic era) who yet had a life full of failures as he was never able to achieve his goals. the character has a lot of depth but thats for ingame. he is dedicated to Paarthurnax and enemy of the later dragon cult and Alduin, while he is of the early more benevolent dragonpriests he is still powerfull and knows it, unworldly and sometimes difficult to handle. His despair and depression about his failures may actually, if found out, used to get him to teach Dunmer as he lost a lot of trust in the nord race. He will not go flaunting his powers however and wont rub it in your faces - unless you attack him outright you may not witness him using Thuum except for teaching purposes.

If they manage to convince Orkar to actually consider teaching Thuum in the first place and even to Dunmer, we start 

Phase 5: The teachings.

Its up to you to decide what you would actually want to do here. this phase can be split into other phases and be done on various occasions so doesnt have to be scheduled in one go. 

I can teach a lot of lore about dragon priests, their masks, history, the important ones, their cults, temples, whereabouts, powers, personalities, duties etc. so for skyrim fans could add a lot of spice.

I could also teach about dragons in particular, knowledge that is hardly gained ingame

I could teach dovahzul (Dragon language / aedra language as it is said dovahzul was created by Akatosh to create the world so the aedra would speak it as well) like actually teaching the language from phrases to vocabulary to grammar etc.

i could teach history (of skyrim and Atmora) if you are interested, in special merethic and first era

i could teach Thuum (meaning the philosophy behind them, how they actually work, the difference between speaking dovahzul and using Thuum, how Thuum work, what can be done with them, how to create new Thuum to the point of ofc. your characters actually learning Thuum- though mastering one Rotmulag (word of power) will take a character decades (usually) raising your powerlevel.

I could also focus on more mythological knowledge like how the world came into being etc. or simply about atmoran culture and what is different between Atmorans and todays Nords etc.

Phase 6: Meeting a dragon

At some point in the storyline id like to introduce the group(s) to Paarthurnax. Orkar would call the ancient dragon and the group could interact with it. When this is appropiate will be decided during game so phase 6 may appear after others.

Phase 7: Returning home:

The scout group will surely return home to report what they found. This can be done before Phase 5 depending on who is with the group in the first place and another group may be needed to convinve the Dragon Priest of cooperation. So trial and error can happen. The way home can face similiar problems as the way to forelhost and you may be attacked by certain organisations in a try to stop you from revealing the secret.

Upon arriving at Heimlyn - report, and deal with your superiors who will decide what to do next.

The Dragon Priest may actually be convinced to come along though i have no idea how you could manage to do that.

Phase 8: Facing the inferno

Once some word slips through that the Telvanni may be researching the secrets of the Thuum hell gets loose. I can see many many storylines evolving there. From Nord fanatics to Dragon Cultists, to Dunmer Houses, rivaling Telvanni, Assasination attempts and much more - no one likes to see House Telvanni become that much more powerfull and will try to prevent it. Or steal the secrets for themselves.

The phases are fluent meaning they dont have to work out according to the list and may be changed when needed. More can be added, a lot of sidestories could evolve like doing errands for the dragonpriest or diplomacy issues with other houses, infights in the group and a hell of character development through hardships, learning, dangers and interaction.

Id plan to start this rather slowly so the participants grasp the measure of what this discovery would mean. After all even a few Rotmulaag could really turn the tides of war. Dunmer Tongues would endanger the powerclaim by the tribunal as more "gods" arise, it could lead to Telvanni trying to take over the other houses, Dunmer trying to enslave all other races, a Dunmer empire...

The story will unfold slowly to allow to cope the epicness that lies hidden inside it and i am pretty sure the experiences made will affect your characters quite a bit. Its like finding the holy grail if you will.

Suggestions and votes welcome ^^ As said this is the SHORT summary there is much more to it.

Cernon Telvanni
Council Member

Cernon thinks, that nordic ruins can be full of ancient alchemical formulas, that's why he will join the group. Of course if he join it means a caravan of potions for every cases.

Orkar Isber
Hireling

Indeed, in this particular temple you actually find a dragonpriest master of alchemy in skyrim - the guy was very adapt with poisons and so it is very likely that you will discover some dangerous recipes. And after all all the dwad people down there died from poisoning.

And dont forget to vote. So far Manavortex and Valorin spoke against ever meeting Paarthurnax as it would be too much epicness and dwarven the dragon priest in comparison. Though they may let some dragon fly above forels host. (Odahviing?^^)

Cernon Telvanni
Council Member

I suppose there is no problem to mee a dragon) Dragon claw is very expencive thing XD

Orkar Isber
Hireling

seems so far no one has votes or objections? ^^ 

Cernon Telvanni
Council Member

was there a voting?

Orkar Isber
Hireling

Well kinda ^^ like what people would like to learn or how to approach certain stages. But well find a way anyway *g* Maybe we should start soon *g*

Rahaenfviel
Council Member

And where are you, kyn ^^. 

I like your post, btw

Orkar Isber
Hireling

^^ Thx. Well right now i am learning dovahzul like hell and study dragonlore to be more authentic and since i created a Redoran and future Telvanni whod like to participate we need to wait till Silvar has her PC up and running which will likely happen next week. 

Then ill introduce my Character - the Redoran - and we can theoretically start. Mana said she wants to go for the slow pace as the chronicle is big and offers a lot of atmosphere and possibilities so better not hurry but enjoy every step.

Cernon Telvanni
Council Member

Good, good. Silvar must join the group to help Cernon ))

SilvarBaan
Hireling

I will join :D

But the Pc needs a longer time. We have to buy some Hardware. 

Teldryn would like to join as well. He can do some scouting or general guard duties.

Sure, the more the marrier ^^ It will be fun. Ill come along with my Redoran character until you meet the Dragonpriest

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Loredas Event Bank All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: