Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Roleplaying: Our Setting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manavortex
Archmagister

re: Vvardenfell - the hub

From the journal of Perennia Cyprianus

Anvil, 23rd of Second Seed    

Returned from checking for ships when I saw White-Gold Tower's last stand in the distance when it set. Heart-wrenching.
Fuck.  
I just realised that we will never go home again.  
Fuck.

Will wake up Clavius, I need someone to talk right now.  

Anvil, 24th of Second Seed  

We need to get away from here. While the Gold Coast is all that remains of the Empire, it is too close, too clearly can White-Gold Tower be seen. 
We try so hard to not look east. We need to go somewhere else.   

My brother said to look at the bright side. I find that difficult. What's good about everything I knew and loved being overrun by daedra?   

Anvil, 26th of Second Seed    

Still no Bat Blossoms. Fucking pirates probably sank the ship. Again.
Tremors are getting worse. Need the seeds.  

Dante suggested nice long soak. Funny.    

Anvil, 29th of Midyear  

Back to sleeping in juice for now. Tremors only manifesting under physical strain. Need to find young hopeful talent to do all the heavy lifting for me. Something bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. 
Possible mind-altering qualities of new juice? Examine.  

Positive side-effect of home being overrun by daedra: Hearts are easy to come by. I have no short supply, thanks to my brother and our overprotective housemate.   

30th of Second Seed  

Dunmer girl came to store today. Friendly sort. Bought some moisturiser. Didn't feel like overcharging, she had pretty serious burn scars. Sold her something for those instead.  
Dante concerned that she's a spy. Vespillo thinks his paranoia is getting out of hand.  

2nd or Second Seed    

Dunmer girl was back again. Brought friend - some super-posh noble type. Overcharged her for all it was worth. Girl's name is Yirel, invited me for drinks, even suggested I'd bring Vespillo. Told her I wouldn't make it most likely.  

3rd of Second Seed    

My brother strongly supported the idea of drinking with someone else for a change. Said it would be good for me. Caudex. Turns out the girl is cook on a ship. A pretty fast ship, it seems - Maomer. Might be solution for bat blossom problem.   

4th of Second Seed  

Struck deal with Captain. Bosmer named Areth. Only slightly shady. Bat blossom seed pods will be delivered in ten days. Just have to substitute Nirnroot and hope to avoid another seizure.  

6th of Second Seed    

No seizure yet. Black Lichen promising. My skin looks like someone's testicles though, will leave store closed today.

If this goes on for much longer, I can move right in with the other abominations in Imperial City.  

9th of Second Seed  

Vespillo says I'm insufferable. Offered to get me wasted. Tempted, but will cause headache. Have to exclude those as side effect.  

11th of Second Seed  

Seizure today. Will stay under until the pods arrive.  

15th of Second Seed  

Pods were delivered on time. Started squeezing & distilling before they dry out. Skin already close to normal, still tremors, minor seizure. Dante concerned, Vespillo joking.   

Not sure if stiffness gone or actually side effect of seed extract or if just blocked out by other ailments.   

16th of Second Seed  

Starting to build up reservoir of active blossom ingredient. Can probably sleep in bed again soon.   

17th of Second Seed  

Caught Dante staring at White-Gold Tower. Told Vespillo. Makes me furious when I see his smile fading like that. Mentioned that we should just go away to distract him, but he actually agreed.   

Just need to pick place.

18th of Second Seed

- Close to exotic reagents: Morrowind, Valenwood, Reaper's March, Oblivion
- Chance to get foot in door: Morrowind, Valenwood, RM
- Locals not hostile towards alchemists/mortals: Morrowind, RM

Vespillo says Dunmer all paranoid. No reliable Khajiit for intel. Will talk to Yirel first.  

19th of Second Seed  

Yirel thinks idea is good. Mentioned a lot of reagents. Fetcherfly hive golems! Can't wait to investigate properties!  

21st of Second Seed   

Preparations to ship over well under way. Additional cargo due to arrive from Rivenspire any day. Store will remain with Marius, should be able to supply him unless pirates.

Permanent residence best settled directly.

Vespillo and Dante preparing for the journey. My brother and I are stocking up. Dante mentioned goat. Hope that's a joke.  

23rd of Second Seed   

Loading cargo onto spriggan. Setting sail in a week or two, depending on whether Gold Coast Trading Company will actually talk to Cpt. Areth.  

Crew bookkeeper (Tarvyn) is Artist, also obviously forger. We pretended not to notice.   

26th of Second Seed  

Own cabin on Spriggan, no need to hot-bunk. Hope nobody will ask questions why guys are nocturnal. Mentioned Vespillo's grouchy-ness during day and Dante's seasickness.

Dante actually brought goat. Jokes make themselves.

31st of Second Seed  

Yirel walked into cabin one night while I was at outhouse & noticed that no one was breathing. Had a long talk afterwards, we're good. She won't tell Areth. That could have gotten ugly.   

1st of Midyear  

According to Tarvyn, Vivec's personal guard is particularly dedicated to rooting out vampires. Concerned about that. "Buoyant Armigers", name is so ridiculous that they must be competent. I've asked Tarvyn about it, bad stutters whenever I looked at him... either Armigers are incredibly scary or it's me. Yirel says social interaction makes him nervous, so guess it's me.  

3rd of Midyear  

Read one of Vivec's Sermons. Troubling. Stuff is completely incomprehensible. Heard more coherent stuff from brain damaged legionares. Makes me value Divines higher. 

Also, we can see Red Mountain on the horizon, but it will take us at least two more days. How big is that volcano?   

5th of Midyear  

Landfall tomorrow. Air smells different already. No seagulls, though. Yirel says they were all eaten by cliffracers. Asked what that was, she just laughed.   

6th of Midyear  

We are on Vvardenfell. I'm writing this in a shabby room of an Inn in Seyda Neen. The GTC put this up, so feels just like home, until the Silt Strider hoots. The room's barely larger than the bed, but at least it's for two. Dante said he needed some privacy and disappeared with the goat. I'm not making this up.  

I already collected samples of a dozen plants I've never even seen, and Vespillo promised to wake me with more tomorrow. Can't wait!  

7th of Midyear 

<a long, incredibly detailed list of possible reagents, heavily abbreviated>

8th of Midyear   

No representative of GTC anywhere to be found. Locals mentioned former trading post, joke about fatal accidents. 

Promising traits in something called "Ampoule pod". Might be able to make water walking potions.

11th of Midyear

Found GTC. Are hiding in almost-abandoned palace and reduced to a single guy. Morven Ventus. Was left behind when everyone else set sails a decade ago and wants to get back at Hlaalu by making the outpost thrive again. Guess we can do that, unless it gets us all killed. 

Have to introduce Vespillo to him when it's dark. 

12th of Midyear

We're hired - as logistic consultants, so we work for the GTC in person of Morven. Turns out the old bastard has hidden a cache of Brandy away, bless his soul.

13th of Midyear

Plenty of free space there. Morven says he's too old to climb all the stairs and we can have the two top stories. View is magnificient! 

14th of Midyear

Vespillo agreed right away. Dante concerned, but agreed after having seen the place. Need to start cleaning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Roleplaying: Our Setting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: