Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Announcement board
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do we want a guild hall?
Yes, Ebonheart Mansion
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No, we don't need/want one
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

manavortex
Archmagister

re: Poll: Guild Hall?

Dear Telvanni,

please find attached a poll for a guild hall. If we vote with "yes", gold will be pooled in the guild bank to purchase the corresponding Homestead on the account of our glorious guildmaster, @manavortex. 

As we happen to be a roleplaying guild, the main purpose of the Guild Hall would be RP. We will pass it as being part of the property of Heimlyn Keep. 

Because of this, the Chateau Indoril is no longer an option!

The Central Morrowind Telvanni Branch will, for lore-reasons, not abandon the Mainland!

If we would join up with the Vvardenfell Telvanni, we'd be the smaller fish, use our autonomy and be part of their organisational structure. We value our independence and autonomy highly enough to stay remote from them and (politically) fend off all attempts of them to incorporate us.

Awaiting your votes!

Last edited by manavortex on Jan. 25th, 2017 10:50; edited 6 times in total

Hireling

Hm, I would ofc prefer a Sadrith guild hall (as most would do I assume). But as there is currently no such thing, and the release of Vvardenfell hasn't even been announced or anything, I think any guildhall is better then no guildhall.

Just imagine how nice it would be to have like a library, an alchemy room, enchanters quarter, or things like that for RP reasons...

We really could improve our keep RP to a more realistic scenery without anyone herrassing us, or with any npcghosts interrupting us.

So I would definity favor a guildhall....but of which kind

I have to admit I'm neither a fan of Indoril Mansion nor Ebonheart Chateau, meinly because I simply don't like the indorili style

The Chateau ofc has more space and possibilities but is nearly like 3 times the price of the Mansion. I think I'm speaking for most of us, that we all are kind of short on gold to donate for a guildhall, because we want homes for our characters.

I would like the Ebonheart Chateau much more, if it wouldn't be such expensive

half a vote for Chateau/ half a vote for Mansion

Considering that House Telvanni (us) are already secluded, and does not even seek to roleplay in popular locations where they might be seen by other players, then yes, I am in favor of a Guild Hall.

I have not researched into Housing details to know the difference in prices and how insanely difficult it would be to pool the amount required for it either. However, since House Telvanni is the greatest of all houses, I am in favour of taking the bigger option -IF- it fits the theme of Telvanni.

Obviously, we'll be switching over to a Mushroom Tower in the blink of an eye as soon as one is announced, but until then, the second-best option will have to do.

Azarath Sailis
Spellwright

I will wait and see on this as I would say the ep keep place but I am not sure when or how the sadriths will come out

@melkoradaine: Azarath Sailis, Melkor Adaine, Zalak Telvanni

@nightwitch: Azreal Cinis, Morohtar
ScattyThePirate
Hireling

I agree with Malle, seeing that a guild hall can contribute greatly to our RP in terms of immersion. I'd also say that we stick to the mainland Dunmer style, since proper sadriths are nowhere to be seen in Stonefalls or Deshaan. 

Now, I'm also torn between the Mansion and the Chateau - less because of financial matters but because of the available space. Seeing that the Ebonheart Mansion offers tremendous space to be filled with all kinds of mage stuff, like Malle mentioned, we'd have the opportunity to display ongoing experiments and whatnot. The only downside is the very limited number of rooms. The Indoril Chateau has more rooms, but it might be too small for a lot of research projects or whatever.

So... half-half as well.

Voting thingy seems to be buged for me... My vote is YES, we need guild hall, and it should be Ebonheart Mansion for two reasons:

1) it is literally way closer to Keep

2) Has a lot of space inside and (what is inportant) in courtyard. Yes, Scatty is right, Indoril large house has  more rooms, but for guild hall we better have less rooms, but bigger.  Moreover, Indoril house has tiny courtyard, which is unexeptable.

And, as a council member i'm ready to support this project financially ... but with promise to let me decorate alchemy lab :)

Ronderu Telvanni
Hireling

I play on the US servers ( despite being British)  I know it's silly, That I even come on here despite not being in playing range of you all, I just like to talk to other Telvanni here. I'll give my opinion however. I think A guildhall sounds great. It really represents the place of meeting. It symbolises the house in a final, and official way. As long as it's well looked after and fully upgraded to the highest degree playable, I think The most lore friendly house is the way to go. First of all, Why would we want a house Named "indoril" chateau?  not to sound rude. that's the name of an apposing house. And in my opinion doesn't fit at all. it's like we're holding hands with another house entirely. If we want to keep as neutral to our own house as possible, I reckon your best bet is the Ebonheart mansion. it's The name of the city, and the pact. Although we don't really align with the pact at all, I feel it's a step in the right direction, rather than an indoril house... ugh

Blobsyoowhan
Hireling

I think bigger is better, so I vote Ebonheart. :)

Skarain
Hireling

As a second, later opinion, the Ebonheart (cheaper?) option works. Once Vvardenfell is released, i expect certain Mushroom Towns to be taking a much larger role in the guilds roleplaying, so paying fortunes for something that isn't a mushroom isn't worth it.

Ronderu Telvanni
Hireling

Skarain wrote:

As a second, later opinion, the Ebonheart (cheaper?) option works. Once Vvardenfell is released, i expect certain Mushroom Towns to be taking a much larger role in the guilds roleplaying, so paying fortunes for something that isn't a mushroom isn't worth it.

Couldn't agree more. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Announcement board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: