Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Scrolls and books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manavortex
Archmagister

re: Brave Little Scrib and the Alit

Brave Little Scrib lived with the Kwama Queen, the workers, and the warriors. They were a free colony of kwama, not bound to a Dark Elf mine or any other form of servitude. But Brave Little Scrib was bored. She didn't like being told what to do by the older kwama.

So she snuck out of the kwama mine to discover the world outside.

A few steps from the cave entrance, she discovered a curious beast - it didn't have enough legs, but those it had were oddly bulky, and its head was oddly mis-shaped. 
"Who are you", asked Scrib.
"I am Alit", answered the creature.
"Hello Alit", said Scrib.
"I told you who I am", said Alit. "Who are you?"
"I am Kwama", said Scrib. 
"Kwama", answered Alit. "Kwama works all day, and never leaves the kwama mine. And even if they did, they would run away from Alit. You are not Kwama."
"Why would Kwama run away from Alit?"
"Because they are food", Alit said as if it explained everything. "Prey does not talk to the predator. It is the way of the world." 
Scrib thought that she did not like the world much, and how unlike this was to what the other Kwama had told her.
"Who are you, little thing?" Alit wanted to know.

Scrib tilted her head, this was fun. "I am Torchbug", she claimed.
"Torchbug", said Alit. "Torchbug flies, and you don't fly. But even if you were, torchbugs run away from Alit. You are not torch bug."
"Why would torchbugs run away from Alit?", Scrib wanted to know.
"Because they are tiny, and what is tiny goes out of the way of what is big. It is the way of the world."
Scrib had heard this before. The workers had told her the same - how she was supposed to stay out of her way, lest they accidentally stepped on her while performing their duties. She didn't approve of it.
"So tell me, little thing", Alit asked again, "who are you?"

Scrib suddenly thought of the stories she had heard. "I am Netch?", she tried.
"Netch", said Alit. "Netch is far above us. Never would Netch come down to meet Alit. But if they would, they would run away from Alit. You are not Netch."
"Why should a Netch run away from Alit?", Scrib inquired.
"Because they are soft, and Alit's teeth are sharp! I would tear into the jelly that they are and hurt them because I can! It is the way of the world."
Scrib was not so certain. After all, eggs were soft, and none of the workers or scribs ever pinched eggs.
"I ask you a last time before I eat you, trespasser", growled Alit. "Who are you?"

Scrib realised that she better came up with something good. She pondered, and finally announced: "I am mer!"

"Mer!" Alit howled. "Mer wields the power of the earth and the flames of the sky! Mer ejects Alit from his hunting ground, Mer walks where Alit's eggs are hidden, Mer kills Alit and wears his hide as his own! If you are Mer, then I am lucky, for you are small and I can easily crush you!"

But Scrib was long gone already, wandering back to the egg chamber, looking for another adventure.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Scrolls and books All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: