Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Roleplaying: Our Setting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Argonianlord

re: Secret abolitionist organization (Inspired by Twin-Lamps)

What is this about?
Well, if you know anything about the Twin-Lamps from Morrowind, this is basically supposed to be a Second Era version of that.

For those that do not know anything about the Twin-Lamps though, the idea is basically that there's this faction that operates within Morrowind to root out slavery and lead slaves into a nice life of freedom. So long story short, anti-slavery type of people, but they don't act openly about it, instead they do their job through secrecy and stealthy approaches, as to not jeopardize the entire mission.

Why can I expect to happen in this organization?

Like I briefly touched upon in the "What is this about?" part of the thread, you can expect to free slaves through stealthy methods, while swearing to never whisper a word about the organization's existence to total strangers, as that would surely put the entire organization into inevitable doom and hence, destroying any hope to rid Morrowind of slavery discreetly and secretly.

You might also find yourself forging slave lists or replacing real slave lists with false ones, so that the slavers will be fooled and believe their slaves to still be on arrival. Hence, making it easier to free them.

Some might even be tasked with getting rid of crazy slavers that do nothing but torture their slaves beyond recognition.

I have not yet decided what the missions will be, but they'll be probably be based around my previous examples, namely list forgery or list replacement, stealthily freeing slaves during the night, or deal with incredibly dangerous slavers that only harm their would-be slaves. Heck, you might even be commissioned to put up anti-slavery propaganda around Morrowind, while still keeping the name of the organization out of it all.

How would my character gain contact with the organization?

This has also yet to be decided yet, but I've been thinking of the possibility of the leader (Sier-Nahn) sending your character a vague letter regarding it all.

Or she'll find you trust worthy and seek a private meeting with you, as to keep the secret of the organization still intact, and also make you swear the oath to never spread rumors about the organization or its acts.

Or perhaps you even have a IC friend that is part of the organization, whom happens to be one of Sier-Nahn's co-leaders, said co-leaders would also act like Sier would, sending you a letter or seek a private meeting with you etc etc.

Would there be DM'd events within the organization?

Of course! Slave rescue missions, forgery missions and other things I mentioned in the "Why can I expect to happen in this organization?" part of the thread. I'd be more than happy to welcome others DM'ing events like this, and/or sharing ideas of what else the organization could do to free slaves and make slavery seem like a bad thing within Morrowind.

I would only ask that you'd keep violence and murders down to a rare state, we don't want to make anti-slavers seem like cold blooded killers now do we? This isn't to say there won't ever be any action in the form of killing slavers however, but it'll be kept to a minimum, and focus of such killings would be very low for obvious reasons. You could expect to find yourself killing Telvanni slavers however, as they are outside of the Pact, and are seen as traitors on the same ticket, but murdering a Dres might make the already unstable Ebonheart Pact even more unstable.

When will there be DM'd events? And where would they be?

As soon as I have ICly recruited a lot of folks into the organization with Sier-Nahn, I shall start DMing events, and when more people are into it, we might have the organization in more than one locations, a network of sorts basically, and when we have that, the leaders of these separate locations within the network will be able to tell Sier-Nahn about interesting leads and clues on how to properly approach the situation ICly. These leaders will be actual players of course, and it is these "co-leaders" that'd be allowed to DM slave rescue missions too, as long as you share me your ideas so we can work on it together properly before we actually play it out.

As for where we'd be, well, since Morrowind is the big bad in terms of slavery, most of our events will be taking place in Stonefalls, Deshaan and possibly even Stormhold in Shadowfen, should a In-Character mission ever take us so far south. We might even have events in the Skyrim areas too, but possibly not as many, as to be expected.

Final words

That about covers all I had to babble on about, I hope this interest check was of some... well, interest! I am looking forward to any that would be interested in joining this organization with their anti-slaver characters, just send me (@ArgonianLord) a whisper if you are curious, and then we can see how your character gets brought into this organization, and see how it goes from there!

/ArgonianLord

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Roleplaying: Our Setting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: