Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Announcement board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manavortex
Archmagister

re: ESO going BuyToPlay

As it was announced earlier, our most beloved research subject is crossing the line - once you pay you stay in, no matter if you subscribe or if you don't. I thought I'd give a brief overview over the topic, as there might be many questions keeping your minds from the more interesting topics presently available:

What does it mean?

You buy the game, and then you play. The current abbreviations are "B2P" (buy to play), "F2P" (free to play, which is _not_ the same as buy to play), and "P2W" (pay to win, basically stating that you can buy items for real life gold to perform better in the game.

What is the premium membership?

You collect some sort of premium currency ("Crowns"), which will then be used to buy items from some sort of special store. You will likely be able to acquire more of that stuff for reallife gold, but my experience from SWTOR shows that these things tend to amass after a while. You'll likely be able to buy convenience and vanity things - I'm hoping for mushroom towers, guar mounts and additional character slots. You won't be able to buy yourself a Heart of Lorkhan, though, although I totally would if I could.

What is the Crown Store?

It is the place where you can obtain items with the aforementioned currency. These items will be vanity and convenience things, nothing you will actually "need" to "beat the game" (whatever those fetchers mean by that). Gaius was so kind as to sum up the ESO Talk, so here's a list:

Two different Guar mounts
More horses (probably different-looking)
A lot of costumes
Convenience items (Soulgems, repair kits..., like the PVP vendors

The items from the crown store will be bound to your account and will have no monetary value to prevent the Hlaalu from exploiting their sla...apprentices' items for personal gain.

What else is coming?

There will be four new zones - Clockwork City, Mephala's Realm, Abah's Landing and Wrothgar. That probably means that we'll be rid of most of the Hlaalu for a time, as they're going to spend a lot of time with their favourite Daedra. Expect prices to go up.

And the Justice System will be coming. For those of you who were so holed up in their towers that the term means nothing to them: The guards will now mention if people take things that don't belong to them, and eventually those players will be marked as outlawed, so that everyone may kill them. Since the guards are probably too stupid to spot the difference between a stealing fetcher and a Telvanni wizard picking up items for further investigation, caution is advised - should a member of our House be forced by guardsmer to wreak havoc about public infrastructure that will mean a lot of paperwork for me and a very ill-tempered Archmagister for you.

But won't the community turn fully s'wit?

Possible. But I doubt it. There might be a s'wit invasion for a few days, and as soon as they find out how great this game is they will crawl back to their World of Warcraft.

We are the community.

I personally will see that I sit in front of Vault Heimlyn Keep whenever I'm not researching Clockwork City, to make sure that the n'wah are put in place. If they cannot behave themselves, I will personally make sure that they leave Morrowind for whereever they came from, either voluntarily or in a jug. I will appreciate every House Member who joins me on this.

What will it mean for the Telvanni?

We are the privileged. What do we care? We'll just do as we always do. Sell the n'wah to the Hlaalu and use the profits for our own amusement.

Keep up the good work, fellow mer.

~Vivicah

Last edited by manavortex on Jan. 22nd, 2015 3:53; edited 1 time in total

Gaius Sulla

http://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/2t6e89/news_tamriel_unlimited_faq/

an FAQ regarding Tamriel Unlimited.

Gaius Sulla

ESO Live about Tamriel Unlimited

Clockwork City

Mephala's Realm

Abah's landing 

Wrothgar

two Guar Mount in crown store and more horse mounts

Tons of costumes in Crownstore 

Crown store avoiding Pay to win can only get costumes and Convenience items. Crowns are bound to YOU and can't be used for gold. account shared and don't take up inventory space.

Convenience items: repair kits, Soulgems and Health, Stamina and Magicka potions not as good as crafted. think like the PvP vendors. They level to you.

Console has it's own UI

Rating has gone to Mature. due to justice system...

Next Week PTS

Best news for me: controller-support for the pc-version. My pc is hooked up to my tv and it's kind of uncomfortable to play with mouse and keyboard while sitting on the couch.

The formatting seems all askew for me in Chrome for this topic. All the text is shoved to one side leaving the middle blank.

This subject has such power I suppose.

That was strange....the formatting is normal now.

It was coming up on 3AM I guess last night when I saw our mana remarking on RP or something in Stonefalls zone chat. A fella was looking for a guild but seemed either a bit young or had your standard notions about guilds being tuned to but one of the alphabet sexual position preferences: PvP, PvE, RP and so on. *mind wanders...that might explain the overtones of homo erotica in player versus player guilds...hmmm....oh.....regains focus*

When the subject of this came up it was my turn to roleplay....in this case pretending I was a mature person acting my age. Everyone in the industry - and I mean everyone - was chatting up how out of touch Zenimax Online Studios had to be to launch a game with a subscription. There were some heated exchanges over this on Facebook of all places. But, despite feelings, the howls of prisoners of memory, the feigning hip, and the pseudo cunning, everyone agreed that reality's hagravens would force their hand eventually.

Back to the discussion on ESO's most elevated of conversational planes. Once we got past those imagining they were delivering a TED talk on the subject, things got interesting. Free to Play or Buy to Play....that may well be a distinction without a difference, but it was not the principle that had people upset - it was the memories they had of it being done poorly that was forcing them to conclude it would be done poorly here. That's "emotional logic" not actual reasoning. When folks go that route they are forced to recall examples of it being done well. If it's done well in a game you don't care about, then you don't readily remember it. If it's done poorly in a game you love....you get the idea.

It was all quite cordial by the end.....as cordial as zone chat gets...folks, knowing they can't know until it happens, were off to other topics like why it can be very bad to have a single, game-wide, auction house....games that had truly horrid launches...clearly we're past the point where you have to explain what an online game is ;)

Me, I want a Bantam Guar in the cash shop. They're so damned cute....though I'd feel badly making the wee creature try to keep up with me unless I could pick it up and carry it on my lap when on horseback. 

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: