Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> The Arcaneum - Research and debate
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ballehalle

re: DK fire mage dps

The Mage Fire Knight

Credit: Don't know. Special Thanks to Wulfhart for his knowledge and advice on this build and many of the mechanics of the game.

Difficulty/skill needed: Easy
Gear dependence: Medium
Upside:
- Very easy to execute. Delivers a decent amount of DPS (~1000-1200) on most bosses and can go very high (1,7k+) on bosses vulnerable to Evil Hunter (1rst and 2nd boss of AA, 1rst boss of Hel Ra).
- If you're doing it wrong or with a bad armor build, you still pull more than 700- 800 dps.
- DK DPS Arena? Here's your build (ok there are some skills to change sometimes but this generally cuts it) :)

Downside: To pull superior DPS and be a pgm you need to have the correct build.

Skill Bars: Click Me

Equipment - Stats to aim for (no PVP buffs)

With this build, you'll be dealing DPS based on Spell Damage AND Weapon Damage (because in case you don't know, the damage from Destro Staff skills scales on Weapon Damage).
2450 HP and 2500 Magicka. You can play around with these values, by modifying your character attributes. I usually never go down 2300 HP and try to have magicka as high as possible. At the moment I'm doing Arena and Sanctum so I need that extra bit of HP as I discover the instances. Once again remember these are flat values, no buffs from PVP.
Spell Damge: 135 (hit the softcap)
Weapon Damage: 160 <= If you're lucky to have PVP buffs try to softcap this as well.
Spell Crit: 60%. <= 80% with PVP buffs.

Armor:

7 light, Head, Chest and Legs with Infused and Magicka Enchants.
Other pieces with Divine trait and Magicka enchants
Jewelry: 3 Soulshine VR10 items. One of them with weapon damage enchants and two with spell damage. (once again, the important thing here is hitting the softcaps in weapon & spell damage while still prioritizing spell dmg)

Armor sets: 4 Twilight (including the destro stafs) 4 Aether Set (drops in trials, wise mage set). I use Weapon Damage enchant on Destro staffs with precise (Increase Weapon and Spell Critical values by 7%)this allows me to increase weapon damage even further during the fight.

Mundus: Thief + Crit. along with the set pieces that have Divine, this gives you a very nice boost of crit.

Damage Rotation Single DPS:

LA = Light Attack

LA - Engulfing Flames - LA - Unstable Flame - LA - Crushing Shock - LA - Crushing Shock - LA - Crushing Shock.

I use a buff/debuf tracker which allows me to see when my Unstable and Engulfing flame dots are about to be finished, when they are, start again with the rotation, if you're "anti-addons" then count 9s in your head when you place the first one.

Theory behind this:

Why/How do you use that rotation? The idea behind this rotation is quite simple, you're applying the DoT's from Engulfing and Unstable Flame then you're using crushing shock to extra DPS. You only need to use engulfing and unstable when the DoT's are gone.

Usual engage on bosses: Use Evil hunter if needed => Banner of Might => Pop Elemental ring once => Change bar => LA engulfing => LA unstable => LA Crushing shock...

Secondary bar (AOE): When in trash pack (3 ADs or more), you should hold block at all times and spam Elemental ring (unless you're instructed to single target DPS something). Your banner of might should be recharged while AOEing a single pack of adds between bosses of any instance thanks to your crit. I use Elemental ring once before each boss since it places a small DoT dealing a small amount of extra DPS. After killing bosses vulnerable to evil hunter, I like to switch it for Igneous shield (or Fragmented but since I also tank, I have the igneous morph).

Tips for trials and Arena:

Use spell crit potions and blue food that gives you Health and Magicka (you don't need stamina). Pop the potions when you got 3/4 of magicka left. If going for speed run and are going to start over if someone dies, stop using potions after first death.

You can see I have Flawless Dawnbreaker in my first bar, this is because of the passive that gives 13% damage. I almost never use the ulti unless: Boss is gonna die before I recharge Banner of Might or I am about to die since we DKs have a passive that returns magicka stamina & HP when an ultimate is used. It can save your life, especially in Arena.

Trials: Use evil hunter for first 2 bosses of AA and 1rst boss of Hel Ra. You can put something else aswell instead of chains but if you're going for speed runs it's allways nice to have them to pull archers & mages to the party for quicker clear of trash packs. Moreover, you don't really need anything else ^^. For sanctum's Manticore, after killing the waves of adds, I use a healing staff in my second bar with Igneous shield instead of evil hunter, Healing Springs instead of Elemental ring and Unstopable instead of the chains.

Arena: You have to adapt during this fight, I usually put igneous shield since the begining and switch it (or not) for evil hunter down the road when you get to the stages with daedra and undead enemies (so stage 9 and the one with sacrifices). You can also use the whip to dps but I find crushing shock to be more than enough.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> The Arcaneum - Research and debate All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: