Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Scrolls and books
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you still find Tu'wacca annoying after reading this?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

dbhs99

re: Tykan is back to clear up Tu'wacca and Yokudan heritage

I'm not a particularly religious person, but being a former Crown and Ash'abah member I do, however, know more than most about Yokudan culture and religion than your average good-for-nothing Imperial scholar, the damn narcissists. 

If you have read the story of my youth then you will know I was born into a rather large Crown family. In Hammerfell the crowns are people who worship the older gods, the same that the ancients of Yokuda would have worshiped before coming into contact with the rest of Tamriel. This consists of:

-Satakal the worldskin, the god of creation and destruction

-Cheiftain Ruptga, who is also named the Tall Papa the first to survive Satakal's remaking of the world, and his wife Morwha who created the 'Far Shores' the Yokudan afterlife

-Zeht, the god of farms and agriculture allowing us to thrive in the desert we call home

-Tava, god of sanctity and life and the god that all Ash'abah revere

-Onsi, the God of war and combat (whom i give a silent prayer before each battle)

-Diagna, the god of the backwards blade, he helped the ancient Yokudans repel the lefthand elves by bringing Orichalc weapons but is now just considered a spirit of the Dragontail Mountains

-And the one that all the Telvanni who have ever visited the Aliki'r have been waiting for, Tu'wacca

I am going to take some time to explain Tu'wacca as it is the god that has the most rumors and hatred. At the dawn of time when Satakal created the world, Tu'wacca was not important at all and had no sphere to protect or serve leading to his scholarary name of the 'god of nobody cares', but when people started appearing with nobody to watch over them he saw it as his duty to guide and protect their souls after they died and carry them into the Far Shores where he could protect them. This may have already have revealed a lot about the Telvanni's forbidden god and explained why he does what he does. Most of you will know by now that Tu'wacca forbids any form of necromancy and also the harming of any undead also leading to our consecrating of the dead, which i shall go into further detail later. We as Redguards do not fear the undead though as most people assume, but fear the fate of our souls after death if we were do offend him.

As you know though I am an ex-member of the Ash'abah and i do still hope to be accepted into the far shores after my death, but I am willing to sacriffice that to save others and guarantee that they will be accepted.

As a complete opposite to everything i said though there is also the other side of Redguard culture, the Forebears.

The Forebears are those that have accepted the eight divines that most other people of Nirn worship and have abandoned the ancient gods. I do not see them as any different, despite my family name, as everybody has a right to worship who they want be it Divine or Daedra. They are often a lot closer to Imperial culture also in their food, architecture and way of life and they often live much closer to Cyrodil than Sentinel which does make sense.

After death, we Redguards are mummified involving the sanctifying of the body and mummification before being places in an ornate sarcophagus in a necropolis. Our necropolises are effectively cities of the dead which are even larger and more ornate than our cities for the living.

Every year, on the 5th of Frost Fall we hold the celebration of 'Dirij Tereur' in honor of Hunding, a hermit who wrote the religious text 'the book of circles' which every Yokudan household has on a small mantle just next to their hearth and every warrior reads as often as possible. The celebration itself involves the reading of the book, drinking, food, music and dancing all in the honor of Hunding. The book itself is a guide to the mastery of the sword, which itself is an extension of a warriors arm and soul, which itself is thirty-eight grips, seven hundred and fifty offensive and eighteen hundred defensive positions, and nearly nine thousand moves essential to sword mastery of which I know all just like every warrior who dare call himself a swordmaster.

And that, fellow Telvanni, is a brief report on Redguard culture from a Yokudan himself. I hope you learnt something and also enjoyed reading.

Tava's blessing upon you, Tykan.

Valorin Telvanni

Thanks Tykan, for this well written post. I got to say that I never disliked Tu'Wacca himself, but I do dislike people who whine because they are not willing to change their believes in order to survive. They have the choice to stick to their faith, which is alright, but then they just have to go down in honour and stop asking outsiders to take out their trash because their religion does not allow to touch it...

Any god that is opposed to any school of magic is worthy of being despised. Necromancy is a perfectly valid school of magic.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: