Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Calendar
Guild NewsFeed Icon

HTML Widget

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Announcement board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manavortex
Archmagister

re: Lore Competition Rewards

The winner of the lore competition is the new Curator, Amrun Malyon, with his friendly and well-meant advice to a not-so-innocent not-so-bystander. This story is most enjoyable to read and displays a paragon Telvanni attitude while at the same time managing to impress the Archmagister, which was the condition to acquire the vacant council position.

The second place will be yielded to Duncan Lightfoot upon his return. The story sheds light on an unusual Bosmer, who has not for a single time tried to eat any of the members of the Great House.

The third place goes to the Librarian's refreshingly short and poetic contest entry. Much unlike his usually dreadfully boring dull dry ramblings history reports, his contest entry features nothing but the bare necessities and does it in an unusual manner.

The fourth and fifth place were a close draw between Nelvan Telvanni's background story and the tale of the angry Nord, which both feature the background story of an esteemed vampire member. The fourth place was given to Yuri Sky-Roar, who is not only literate, but also a storyteller. Despite the fact that some rather interesting parts of his life have been dealt with much more briefly than it was appropriate, having a coherent tale told by a Nord without a tiring focus on slain enemies was a pleasant surprise.

Last, but of course not least, Nelvan's story was very interesting to read, but falls short on many important points. For example, how come that somebody with such a background comes to occupy the position he currently holds? Why are some events only mentioned and then not explained any further, although the reader's mind might want more time to ponder them?

Without a price, but not without a reward, are all the other contestants, who will recieve one legendary crafting temper as thank-you for participating and sharing their story, which will be continued in the future to ensure that new members have a motivation to make themselves vulnerable by revealing their dark secrets share their past with us.

Xena Telvanni's rather short summary of the unfortunate events in Coldharbour sums up all the essential facts, but lacks the poetic finesse to be a winning entry,

Runil's story about pure evil is obviously not his background story, but a fictional tale featuring an alternate version of our world,

Uruk-Hai's story of the lost has so much wasted potential that it's almost a pain to witness, and should he spend some more time in the library instead of smashing heads, it will be much appreciated,

and Divayth Fyr's tale about Saint Vorys the Immolant started as a great and valuable background story, but turned to Nordrolling half way through by sophisticatedly slandering the Tribunal, complete with orgies.

A big thank you to all contestants, I look forward to more of your tales in the future!

Colymar

I am deeply honoured, and once I dig my way out of here (it was a completely innocent misunderstanding, but the judge definitely had it in for me!), I shall humbly present myself to M'Lady Archmagister (mayhernamebesungfromthetreetopsforever) to renew my vow of allegiance. And maybe to plead for the incineration of a certain old goat in a judge's gown who refuses his daughter even a little bit of good fun.

And so, I dig.

Archmagister

Dig faster! ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Great House Telvanni Forum Index -> Announcement board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: